Monday, October 1, 2007

Vaccinations

Well, we are off to Tyler's one year appointment shortly. I am so conflicted on what to do about the vaccinations. I have read studies related to the MMR shot and its link to Autism. From what I can find there is no direct link that the MMR vaccine puts Tyler at a greater risk for Autism. There is a lot of information, a lot of hurt and anger, and a lot of inconsistencies going around about autism and its causes. Scientists and the medical field all say that there is no scientific evidence linking autism to vaccinations. 1 out of 166 children are coming down with Autism. The numbers Autism diagnosis increased along side the introduction of new vaccines to a child's immunization schedule. Coincidence??? I really don't know, I guess we will talk with the doc in an hour. I will keep you all posted.

2 comments:

abby said...

how'd the shots go? what'd the doc think about waiting till he's a little older? hope it went well!

Kati said...

Well, I found you through your sisters site...Welcome to blogspot by the way!

We go in next month for Kallen's MMR shot, and the same concerns have been going through my mind! Thanks Oprah for scaring us all! The doctor said there's nothing to worry about, and there is no link to Autism. Let's just pray she's right!

Hope the shots went okay for you all!