Sunday, June 8, 2008

What a wonderful weekend!

Friday night Jenna and Ruby arrived. We visited for a little bit and then hit the sack. Saturday morning we woke up and then Jenna, Ruby, Chad, Tyler and I went to The Family House for breakfast and had an awesome, although too big, breakfast! We then dropped of Chad and Tyler so that us girls could get pedicures. It was awesome and we were done in just enough time so that we could come home, change and head to my baby shower. My friend Kate threw the shower and it was so much fun. I love having so many friends together and what better reason to celebrate than this new life! After the shower Jenna and Ruby headed to meet up with a friend and experience some more of San Diego. Tim, Megan, Ryan and Noah came over for dinner and Chad grilled up some amazing steaks. We talked, watched UFC and enjoyed a great time together. After church today Chad and I came home to find Ruby and Jenna making an amazing Filipino feast!! We dined on Lumpia, Chicken Adobo and Poncit. It was fabulous. After lunch Chad and Jenna both fell asleep so Ruby and I played in the driveway with Tyler and visited with our new neighbors. We then woke up the sleepheads, and all took a walk for some ice cream at the little shop not too far from us. On the way home we stopped by the Bazaar at the Catholic church and then made it home in time for Tyler to eat some dinner and go to sleep. The girls headed back about 8:30 or so. It was so much fun to have them here for the weekend!!

Jenna, me, Ruby
Photobucket

Shower goodies - my friend Darlene made this nice display!
Photobucket

A fun game
Photobucket

The wonderful group that celebrated with me!
Photobucket

Jenna preparing the feast!
Photobucket

Ready to eat!
Photobucket

Great food, even better company!
Photobucket

7 comments:

The Lewis and Ruby Blog World said...

Yay....we had such a great time TOO. See you again soon...and in the meantime see you around in the blog world!

peteandjenn said...

Oh yeah, my weekend in SD is going to KILL their weekend in fun-ness. Take that Ruby and Jenna.

kate said...

Soo....where's MY lumpia??
BTW, I never realize how white I am until I see myself in pictures. Good grief!

The Guy and Tiny Asian said...

No way Jenn!

The Guy and Tiny Asian said...

PS The group picture makes me look huge!

Abby said...

Kylie you look so cute! Your shower looks so fancy!!! Can't wait to meet your little guy. Come to Oregon!

Cindy said...

AWE - That looks like so much fun! You really look fantastic. I can't believe how fast time seems to be flying by!