Monday, October 13, 2008

My baby is 3 months old

Yesterday Tanner was three months old. I love watching him grow although a part of me is sad he is getting so big. I love this little boy so much.

Morning stretch
Photobucket

Smiley boy
Photobucket

Talking to me
Photobucket

Funny boy
Photobucket

All swaddled up for a nap in the swing
Photobucket

More stretching...I think it is so cute!
Photobucket

It's three am, they're all asleep, and no one is here to see.
As we rock slowly back and forth, my baby boy and me.
His little hand is feather light tucked up against my chin.
I hold his tiny hand in mine, and stroke his baby skin.
The house about us creaks and groans, the clock hands creep around.
He snuggles closer to me still, and makes his baby sounds.
I love these quiet hours so much, and cherish every one.
Store memories up inside my heart for lonely nights to come.
All too soon he'll be grown up, his need for Mama gone.
But until then I still have time for kisses and for song.
Time for quiet hours like this with him cuddled in my arms.
Where I wish he'd always stay protected, safe and warm.
And yet I know the day will come when his tiny little hand,
will be bigger than my own. He'll grow to be a man.
But until then he's mine to love with no one here to see.
As we rock slowly back and forth, my baby boy and me.

6 comments:

Lucas said...

that is the sweetest thing ever. he's so adorable.

The Bains said...

That last stretching picture is my favorite...oh my gosh :-)

I pray our babies will always need us...no matter how old they get!

Amy said...

you brought me to tears. every moment gone too quickly.

The Lewis and Ruby Blog World said...

What a nice little guy.

christinaandbrian said...

i love those middle of the night times too! although it's tough to get out of bed once i'm up and out i cherish each moment!

Khourt said...

I love the double baby chins. Too cute!!

I tagged you

http://lifeasaconvert.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-was-tagged.html