Tuesday, April 28, 2009

As a mother

How do you let your home situation get so bad that the police and CPS have to intervene and take away your children? You choose to do drugs, you choose to drink excessive amounts of alcohol, you continue in a violent, volitle relationship that escalates into fights that are so out of control I am sure I am watching an episode of COPS. Having my own children and knowing that I would do absolutely anything for them, sacrifice anything for them, give my life for them, I cannot fathom making my own choices that have them taken from me. I can't stand to be away from my kids for a day let alone an undetermined period of time. To witness an autistic confused 12 year old boy, a sobbing 11 year old girl, a bewildered 3 year old and a precious 5 month old baby girl get packed up and taken to an unknown life for them hurts my heart and brings tears to my eyes. Parents are supposed to protect their children from harm, not inflict it. I just don't get it.

2 comments:

The Guy and Tiny Asian said...

bummer city! are these those crazy neighbors that were having a domestic dispute when i spent the night at your house?

speaking of which. i wanna come over. can i just come for a week and work from your house? I'll earn my keep. I'll be your asian nanny, clean, cook. I can watch the boys at night and you and chad can go on adult outings.

peteandjenn said...

So terrible.