Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year

These last few days have been filled with cleaning and purging.  Out with the old and in with the new.  We had a wonderful trip to Oregon and spent lots of precious time with family and friends (pictures are coming).  Our road trips up and back were fairly uneventful (minus a stand still 2.5 hour delay on the I-5 headed north).  And then we come back to reality.  All our Christmas decorations are put away, bags and bags of clothes, shoes and toys have been donated to Goodwill and slowly but surely, new possessions are finding a home.  

It is a new year.  Time to reflect on the past and look forward to the new.  I have different expectations of myself this year.  I want to be healthier, cultivate an attitude of happiness and optimism, walk with faith, simplify our home and possessions, and continually remember how extremely blessed I am.  
I am ready to embrace the new year with fun and laughter.  I will take the time to fully enjoy the sunlight, and be content to simply reside in the moment.  

After all, what can be better then starting a new year with these two wonderful, precious boys?


0 comments: