Sunday, February 13, 2011

10K

I ran my first race today with my friend Sarah.  A 10K (6.2 miles).  I have been running a lot but have never gone beyond 5 miles.  It was a great goal to work toward and I enjoyed accomplishing it for myself.  I finished in 56 minutes, 47 seconds.  My goal was to make it under an hour and I did!  It was fun being part of such a large race.  I have been asked if my next goal is a 1/2 marathon.  My answer to that is...no.  I am, however, doing a 5K mud run next month which should be fun!


4 comments:

The Lewis and Ruby Blog World said...

Yay! Good work. Come walk Corvallis' first annual half marathon with Jenna and I :)

Jenna said...

RADICAL Ky! It took me 51mins to run 5miles the other day! you're so fast!

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS KYLIE!! So proud of you!

CJ Wilkes said...

Way to go girl!!! So proud of you!